Tuesday 24 August 2010

Pray 15 minutes and listen for an hour

I used to go to church and hear the preacher say,
If you don't have Jesus, you'll be in hell someday!
The preachers used to preach hard and by the hour.
I heard one say, "Pray 15 minutes and listen for an hour."

I heard many prayers to Jesus, like he was Santa Claus;
heard many of them pray for just their maws and paws.
Then, I heard one old meek preacher pray for more power.
He said, "Pray for 15 minutes and listen for an hour."

Well, do you know that, after many a year,
I learned to reach the heart of God's ear?
He whispered, softly, in my ear, "Want more power?
Just pray for 15 minutes and listen for an hour."

The lesson that I learned, from my God,
as for years and years I prayed, "Help me, God,"
He said, "Won't ever learn, the way you have, for power.
Just simply pray for 15 minutes and listen for an hour."

Well, it finally reached my heart from my ear.
The power, He gave to me, fills me with cheer.
He whispered to me, "One way to real power
Is to pray for 15 minutes and listen for an hour."

Praise the Lord for the blessings He gives.
Through hours of prayer, I really know He lives.
For, He showed me the way to more, more, power.
Now, I can pray forever and listen by the hour.


© by (Howard) Vern Nicholson

No comments:

Post a Comment